About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Alessandra Torre - Innocence

The Diary of Brad De Luca (Innocence, #1.5)The Diary of Brad De Luca by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this title from netgalley and was excited to find out more about Brad Dr Luca.
I've said it before and I will say it again Brad is no Christen Grey he doesn't make excuses for the things he wants, he's not a tortured soul. He's a man who knows what he wants and goes and gets it. I honestly like that about him he isn't status quo but he's truthful about his wants and needs.

You can't really read this book without reading Blindfolded innocence this book is entirely from Brad 's POV so skims over the events of book one.

I loved getting to see and hear his thoughts on his reaction to Julia and what was going through his head during there sexual experiences.
However I wanted to learn more, we glimpse at his vulnerability regarding Julia in book one but this book doesn't really give you any more insight.

This is a very short Novella I read it within an hour it contains enough to refresh your memory and keep you waiting for book two.

View all my reviews Read my review for Blindfolded Innocence: Blindfolded Innocence (Innocence, #1)Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First of all do not pick up this book thinking this is another Christian Grey. Brad is no Christian Grey he doesn't needed to be fixed and as far as I can tell from this story he has no demons. He's a man who knows what he wants and as a hot shot lawyer it normally means he gets what he wants. There is no apology for his life style or kinky preferences. This book is a shocking and riveting read that I couldn't of put down even if I wanted too, I can see why Julia was attracted to this man he's an enigma, a power source you can't help be drawn too.

He comes across as a pig at times but he's an honest pig which I liked what you see is what you got. Why should he offer apologies just because his needs are not seen as the social norm? This is no Betty Crocker romance it's gritty and dirty and while Julia and Brad seem so different in certain ways I found them compatible.
Julia seemed to want more from her sexual life which always fell short. Brad opened her up to experiences she ever thought were possible for her.

What I didn't expect was the vulnerability we seen within him later in the story. He viewed Julia differently, she wasn't just another girl. He needed her in his life maybe not in the conventional way but it was more then what he thought himself capable of.... Maybe it's the romantic in me but I hold onto the hope she becomes all he needs...I need more of this couple it can't end like this!!

It was $2.50 well spent for my new kindle.

Want to buy it on paperback?

Product Details

Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Harlequin HQN; Original edition (June 18, 2013)

View all my reviews




1 comment:

Joyous Reads said...

I got the Diary as well. That's too bad that I can't read it without reading Blindfolded though. :/