About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Don't know what to eat?




Healthy eating can be hard going when you first start a new lifestyle. You've made the commitment but now what? Well that's the great thing about this day and age we have the Internet which is packed full of great information, we just have to be willing to do the research.

Healthy foods doesn't mean boring or tasteless you just need to know where to start in order to know how to add and build onto that knowledge. 

Here is a list of some of healthier foods:

Meats always make sure to get the lean option - turkey and chicken are a great source of protein. 

Beans are a must in my house they keep you feeling fuller longer, have fiber and protein as well as other key nutrients. It was said a few years ago that such foods as beans contained high levels of 
Leptin. Chick peas, black beans, kidney beans, Lima beans, pinto and soy

Nuts Almonds, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, great as a snack! Always try to go for the unsalted kind.

Seeds such as pumpkin, sunflower and flax - you can toast them or bake them... You can even add them to things such as yogurt to give it a boost.

Fish - cod, salmon, sardines, tilapia, shrimp and tuna are all great foods and good on calories that also is a great brain food! It reduces the risk of heart disease and said to boost the immune system.

Drinks - Cranberry, orange, almond milk (protein source) fat free milk and green tea.

Green tea although not great tasting helps your insides clean out, it speeds up motablisim and is said to help against cancer... I sweeten mines with my favorite sweetener.

Water water water - it really helps you in your health journey I can't stress how it important it is!


Fruits - apples (fiber try with a spoon of peanut butter) blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries are all lower in calories and good antioxidants also awesome for women's health ( uti's etc)
Oranges,plums,watermelon (high water content)

Grains - brown rice, rye, whole wheat, corn, oats are a great energy boost that digest easier.. I'm so tired of hearing about how carbs are bad! Our body needs a certain amount of carbs we need our energy.