About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween treats for young readers...

From Candlewick Publishing

Ghost in the House
author: Ammi-Joan Paquette
illustrator: Adam Record
When a little ghost goes slip-sliding down the hallway, he suddenly hears...a groan! Turns out it’s only a friendly mummy, who shuffles along with the ghost, until they encounter...a monster! As the cautious explorers continue, they find a surprise at every turn -- and add another adorably ghoulish friend to the count. But you’ll never guess who is the scariest creature in the house!
Boo! Watch out for this rollicking, cumulative counting book for a Halloween treat that’s more playful than scary.


My Opinion:

Candlewick always come out with the most amazing picture books for the holidays and this book was no different. This book is aimed at an audience of pre k - 2nd grade, I took 'Ghost in the house' to my sons school for his birthday reading. 
The children really enjoyed the story and became very animated and involved, we all have our favorite Halloween characters be it mummies, witches or ghosts and this story included most if not all of our favorites.
The art work is vivid and beautiful the writing style very entertaining that kept the young listeners attention until the end...

Win!

No comments: