About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, October 11, 2013

Walking workout

Finding a workout program that works for you can be annoying, I'm the type of person that has to mix it up or I get bored fast.. I feel like I've tried them all.. Crunch fitness, 10 minute soloutions, P90x, Pilates.. The list is endless. But that's the great thing about fitness you can do what makes you happy and what makes you feel good.

I don't know if you guys recall but a few months back I broke my arm in my apartment complex while out walking with my kids. I also have cerebral palsy while mild when falls etc like this happen my body goes into spasm. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this but since that fall I've been reluctant to go out walking alone again.

Everybody know walking is a great workout source and an awesome calorie burn. I've missed it! So I took to the Internet to find a work out that would incorporate walking... 

This is what I found:



 Get fit with Leslie Sansone! Walk away the pounds

Why walking Is important 


  • Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
  • Lower blood pressure.
  • Reduce high cholesterol.
  • Reduce body fat.
  • Enhance mental well being.
  • Help to control body weight



    I've heard so many programs claim a lot but I kind of liked this old school no frills approach. I've been doing this for a week now and really enjoy it. It's simple to follow no crazy complicated moves and while you sweat and feel like your getting a good work out you don't drain yourself.
    They have this little nifty counter on the screen that lets you know how many miles you've walked which is really motivating. Plus you do really burn calories I've been wearing my polar watch throughout these work outs and average 100 cals a mile. 

    Leslie also has a website where you can join her walking challenge for FREE! 
Check it out here: http://www.walkathome.com/walk-social/
** I was not told to write about this program it's my own personal opinion, yours may differ.. Please check with a doctor before starting a work out program**

No comments: