About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

In the age of love and chocolate - Gabrielle Zevin

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Thanks to Macmillan audio for sending me this copy of Gabrielle Zevin's.. In the age of love and chocolate.

I've been a fan of this trilogy from the start. This story has a dystopian feel with a twist in a world where gangsters deal in chocolate as its against the law. 
We have seen Anya grow and mature facing hard issues at every turn a person her age shouldn't deal with. She's done time, she's gone up against men double her age to fight for her family.. It's been darn right dark and gritty at times and I've loved every minute of it. It's so different to other books I've read, Zevin's writing is amazing and the world she creates is one of a great imagination.

In this installment we see Anya come of age and go into business with her enemy Wins father and the Russian mob is not happy with Anya's business plan. There is a lot happening and at times I felt a little rushed and wanted to just slow down. 

Win is definitely book boyfriend material I'm so invested in the romance of Win and Anya and wanted the happily ever after for these two. Although they spend a lot of time apart in this book there are certain scenes I lived for! 

Great end to this trilogy and if you enjoyed these books as much as me you have to get the audio books. Ilyana Kadushin is one of my most favorite audio readers, she really captures the characters personalities and essence of the story in her reading making everything that more real....  

1 comment:

Joyous Reads said...

I haven't tried audio books yet. So glad you enjoyed this, Mel.