About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, March 31, 2014

How can you rate a book you haven't read?


I have a pet peeve I want to share with you and then feel free to share your thoughts.

I love reading books and I love reviewing books! The feeling I get when somebody tells me they loved my review is awesome. Better then that is being told somebody found a great read because of a review you wrote.

I enjoy being a member of GoodReads it can be a really good tool in finding new titles, hearing peoples opinions or finding more out about your favorite authors.

But my goodness I am super fed up with people giving reviews on books they have not read!!!!! If you haven't read the book how could you possibly give it a 5 star review or a 1 star review.

This leads to totally false reviews and ratings I mean how accurate can you be if you haven't even read the title??

Thoughts??

2 comments:

Jazz R.J. said...

Thanks for stopping by. I guess I didn't think about my reading list being impressive, but it is kind of smarty isn't it? Haha!

I think you have a really good point about people reviewing something they haven't read. That makes no sense what so ever. Plus, it gives a false average if you just want to look at the overall stars for the book. I can't even stand to rate something if I've read the book but I'm not sure what I thought of it yet. I always wait until I'm sure and then I put up my rating. Stay shiny!

Joyous Reads said...

Oh I hear ya. Even if an author is a favourite of mine, I would not dare rate a book prematurely!

So annoying.