About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Billion dollar bad boy - Jackie Ashenden #2

The Billion Dollar Bad Boy (The Billionaire's Club, #2)The Billion Dollar Bad Boy by Jackie Ashenden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I got this title from Netgalley in return for an honest review.

Donovan Marrow has come back to his family company with reluctance. He was always the black sheep of the family, doing things he wasn't comfortable with in order to gain his fathers approval. Now his father is gone from the business and his brother needs him back in the company. Jax got the company but Donovan wants the family land he feels this is his heritage, only problem is Jax wants the land gone in a deal with Victoria De Winter.

Victoria needs this land, she knows her father wants the land bad, and has for many years in order to one up the Marrow family. Getting it for him would secure her place in a family she never believed loved her, and getting her fathers love means more to her then anything. She is known for her business mind and strength but going up against the Marrow family playboy seems more then she had bargained for..
This book is a Novella sized story, do I wish it was longer...indeed. Did I feel that Victoria and Donovan's relationship seemed a little rushed? Possibly, But I totally and utterly fell in love with these characters!

This isn't another office romance with a quick fumble in the boardroom. These characters are intelligent and can hold their own in a battle of wits. They are both missing something in life - a sincere love with no limitations which totally makes them relatable.
I read this book in less then two hours watching such well defined characters who where power houses in the business world let down there guard and fall in love made for a page turning read!

They thought they knew what they wanted, but slowly what they wanted didn't seem to hold the appeal it once did.
I read this book by itself although it is book 2 in a series. I very much enjoyed the read. However did I mention that the Marrow family consists of brothers? And now I cant wait to find out each of their stories!




View all my reviews


1 comment:

Joyous Reads said...

Not a fan of rushed relationships, but I can understand why in this case. I think I would wish for it to be longer as well.