About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, April 5, 2014

JR WARD The King - Black Dagger Brotherhood

The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12)The King by J.R. Ward
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

JR Ward is the type of author you know for a fact when you pick up her book you will devour it. She doesn't just tell a story she creates a world and births characters that are so real you can almost touch them. Even after you close the pages they are with you...

The King is no different then all the previous BDBH books.. simply put amazing! People have asked me, am I not fed up of the same characters.. My answer being HELL NO! Everything about these books are so detailed and thought out.. Your mind is working over time to keep up with all the details, you don't want to miss any that could be important.

The King is focused on Wrath and Beth, With an attempt already made on his life stress at the brotherhood mansion is at an all time high. Wrath is feeling the pressure of those who want is head, caught up with king business he's seeing less and less of his Mate Beth.

Beth is having her own internal dilemma, she wants a baby even though she knows her husband is against it. Having been raised with out a family she really now wants one.. This back and fourth argument with the couple causes strife.. Wrath doesn't want to risk a child to blindness or life threats and he certainly doesn't want to risk the life of his beloved on the birthing bed. The question is... what will he do when Beth goes into needing??

I enjoyed this in depth view of the king with his queen, reading about a love that has gotten stronger even in tough times.

As always there are side stories taking place around the main couple. We see more of Trez and the Chosen Selena and their growing relationship.

Assail is going after a drug lord to save Sola who was kidnapped at the end of the last book. Then their is Layla with her ever growing forbidden attachment to Xcor!

It's all going on in kick ass brother fashion.. We have Sex, Banter, Laughs, Blood, guts, deaths and births!

This is a read that once I started I couldn't stop and I am so sad its over I'm already counting down until I see my Brotherhood book boyfriends again.

View all my reviews




1 comment:

Joyous Reads said...

Did you hear who will book #13 is about?! Eeep!

still reading this. you're so fast!