About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, May 2, 2014

Shattered -Bk2 Extreme Risk - Tracy Wolff

Shattered (Extreme Risk, #2)Shattered by Tracy Wolff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Shattered- an extreme risk a novel by Tracy Wolff.

Ash was at the top of his game, one of the country's greatest snowboarders. He was going to go far, he was going to get to the Winter Olympics. The death of his parents in a car accident which also left his brother paralyzed put an end to those dreams.

He struggles daily with his guilt, his anger and his resentment to the world for the situation he finds himself in. He wants to do everything correct for his brother Logan but how can he be a guardian to a 14 year old kid when sometimes he struggles with his own issues?

Tansy is a woman that has had it tough all her young life. She is the girl that has had cancer for the past 10 years. Now in remission she wants to make a life for herself, find an identity and become an actual Person with likes and dislikes.

Taking a job at Make a wish Foundation, Her first assignment is to help a boy called Timmy. He wants to see one of the greatest snowboarders - Ash- perform.

All Tansy has to do is convince a man who gave up boarding to get back on the slopes. Which is no easy task since the man is all but falling apart from the hand that life gave him.

I enjoyed getting to know Ash and catching up with his friends again. Tansy was an awesome fit for Ash. She knew exactly what he was going through and was there to help and guide him. She may be small but was so strong and feisty.

This story deals with so many powerful issues, sad issues of illness and death. It's about young people learning to find there way after a negative blow. The author did a great job at expressing each character in a very articulate way.

I love that Tansy and Ash found solace in each other. That they use each other to find there way.

View all my reviews




1 comment:

Joyous Reads said...

This sounds like a very angst-y read! Glad you liked it, Mel.