About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Saints Wife - Lauren Gallagher

The Saint's WifeThe Saint's Wife by Lauren Gallagher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Saint's wife is a quick read that deals with some complex issues. Joanna has been stuck in a marriage that has worn her down over the years, while the abuse wasn't physical its emotional and has her vulnerable. She made the break and left him for her own sanity, only to have Chris's best friend David come and find her. Chris is sick with Cancer his time of earth is limited and he wants his wife with him.

David has always thought of Joanna as a gold digging selfish bitch, but after he convinces her to go back to his dying friend Chris he starts to see things in a different light altogether.

My heart hurt for Joanna it really did, I tried to find something redeemable in Chris.. Because who wants to dislike the dying character but it was hard until maybe the last chapter.
Joanna was a simple character who just wanted love, while Chris seen her as a Trophy wife and something he owned.

I was pleased that David got to see Joanna in a different light they made a beautiful couple and while I don't like cheating their were so many wrongs done to this pair that you can't dislike them. They found solace in each other when times where truly rough. They where good people who seemingly did the right thing in the end.


View all my reviews

No comments: