About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentines Day Craft


I'm a big fan of the holidays - ANY HOLIDAY lol. I feel when your a parent its fun to celebrate the little things. In the Portillo house we are excited for Valentines day, to me it isn't just a holiday for couples but it's an opportunity to share love and let the people we care for know how much we appreciate them!

My kids always do a classroom card swap and every year I get more and more impressed with the creativity shown. 
Today little Miss Sophia came home with many Valentine's - This one was my favorite:



What you need to make a Valentines just like this one:

 using a silicone mold, fill it with broken crayons. - You can buy heart Shaped molds!
Bake a 250 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until crayons are fully melted. Allow to cool and harden completely before removing from the mold. Sophia's Valentine was attached to a home made card with a dab of glue! 





No comments: